Yesssssssssss! My nail salon finally got the new collection of Essie in. I was so excited. It took me a really long time to pick between all the new yummy colors. Instead of going for the pink and blues as usual I went for…
Essie – First Timer
What do you think?
They say it takes 28 days to form a habit and as month 1 of Operation Summertime All the Time Fine has come to a close I can say I’ve made a habit of taking my butt to the gym. Now that month two is underway here are a few things I’ve learned:
1) Getting there is 80% of the battle: Throughout the day I used to find myself making excuses for why I was going to skip the gym afterwork. “I’m sleepy”, “I’m hungry”, “I’ve had a long day” blah blah blah. I spent more time during the day convincing myself it was okay to be a quitter than it actually takes to work out. After skipping out on the gym twice I realized this fat ain’t gonna get rid of itself. So if I want the status quo I can make excuses not to go until my face turns blue or I can stop overthinking it and just go. Now that I accept that it’s something I NEED to do and treat it like going to work or brushing my teeth it’s so much easier.
2) Ain’t nothing to it but to do it: Once I’m there it makes so sense to bullshit or beat around the bush. Get it in!! Time is being taken away from my babygirl I might as well work hard and make our time apart count for something.
3) No Pain No Gain: Call me a masochist but I love the pain (burn) I feel after a workout. Lately I’ve felt pain in places I didn’t know existed, that just means that I’m working hard and awakening muscles that have been sleep for a long time. How cool is that!
4) Patience: I’m an instant gratification type of gal and the fact that I haven’t lost a ton of weight is killing me. But I’m coming to terms with knowing that the only way I’m gonna go to bed one size and wake up 4 sizes smaller is if I spend thousands of dollars on lipo. And since ain’t nobody got money for that I’m learning to be patient and appreciate the little muscles I see popping up in my arms and the extra room that’s mysteriously appeared in my pants.
5) I’m not where I want to be but I’m no longer where I was: The harder I work towards being fit the more I want it therefore there’s no stopping me now.
6) To love my post baby self: Even though I’m not at my ideal weight or level of fitness there’s a pretty awesome reason behind it and that’s my babygirl!
Now don’t get my wrong I’m a work in progress I still roll my eyes really hard at the assassin and try to procrastinate my breaks in between sets but I’m getting there. How do I know because lately at the end of workouts I get compliments from the assassin and that my friends is a big freaking deal.
Now that the weather is warming up it’s about that time to start jogging outside again which from what I’m told will cause the major loseage (yes I just made up a word!). So I’m looking forward to the new results month 2 has in store for me.
No worries…I got this!
I woke up at about 6am Monday morning and was stunned by what I saw out my window. Because so far I’ve been blessed to have a baby that sleeps like I do I am usually not up at that time. I sure am glad I woke up and I witnessed this.
Source: Nikon 1ji
Spring is finally here! Or at least for a couple of days.
I love the spring! To me it feels like renewal, new flowers, new wardrobe, new attitude. I start getting the fever around spring forward time when I leave work and it’s no longer pitch black outside, that alone is enough to lift anyone’s spirits. Then the flowers start to bloom and my allergies kick into full gear and I know Spring is here. In New York we’ve been having some crazy weather, it’ll be 45 degrees and sunny one day and 25 degrees with a chance of blizzard the very next. I am here to say that I am officially over the winter!
I usually have lunch at my desk while working but yesterday I took a loooooooooooooooong lunch break (by long I mean I almost forgot to return back to work). The day was just so gorgeous the sun was shining the air was crisp, it was just beautiful and would have been sinful to not take advantage of it all. While on my lunchtime stroll I visited a couple of stores and made some spring time beauty purchases (I may have overdone it, although SUPER happy with my new things)…
Daisy Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs (I can’t get enough of this stuff, it’s light, sweet and perfect for spring time. Oh and the bottle is beautiful too!)
Mac tinted moisturizer (a facial moisturizer with a light foundation. I wouldn’t call myself a makeup wearer as far as foundations and eye shadows and such but this stuff is pretty good. It makes me look fresh in the face and evens out my skin tone without me feeling like I’m all done up, plus it takes about two seconds to apply because lord knows babygirl won’t allow more time than that lol).
Mac pink plaid matted lipstick (now I am a lipstick girl and although I absolutely love my russian red lipstick for the spring and summer I like to soften it up with pale pinks. I got a couple of compliments as soon as I tried this shade on in the store.
Sephora mmmmmmmmmmmmm…17 lipstick very close to the pink plaid by Mac but with a lil shimemr (b*tches love shimmer lol)
And because I’m a VIB member at Sephora I got a free sample of Bare Escentuals foundation that I guess it won’t hurt to try.
So there was my spring beauty shopping trip in a nutshell, if only I had as much success when clothes shopping!
What are some of your favorites spring products?
If you didn’t notice from my previous posts I am TEAM JUSTIN! I love his music and his music loves me. I’m never disappointed! The 20/20 Experience was released last Tuesday and I have nothing but good reviews. Although it’s hard to pick a favorite from the album because I geniunely like all the song. I picked THIS song, by THAT guy!
Song: That Girl
Artist: Justin Timberlake
Album: The 20/20 Experience
I went to the nail salon super hyped about Essie’s new spring nail polish collection only to find that my salon doesn’t have them in yet. Womp womp woooooooooooooomp! But I did spot a color that’s a little different from the pinks and blues that I usually go right to.
Essie – Playdate.
What do you think?
s/o to Stacey the Photographer
Last week the Flotus’ personal information was hacked. Her social security and credit report were posted on a website. Now the world knows that not all black people have bad credit. I love how along the likes of Michelle Obama, Joe Biden, Hilary Clinton and FBI officials, Beyonce was added in this list of very important people who’ve been hacked. I’m sorry but when someone was clever enough to weasel their way into top government officials’ personal information who gives a flying f*ck if someone hacked into Beyonce’s computer and leaked a single 2 weeks early. Seriously!!!
A California daycare teacher (Debbie Gratz) was busted spiking 1 & 2 year olds’ sippy cups with Sominex (an adult sleeping pill). Newsflash Debbie, you’re probably in the wrong f*cking profession if slipping mickies to babies is the only way you can manage to get them to go to sleep. I’m not sure if I’m more appalled by her actions or by the mother of a child who has seizures saying that she wasn’t mad at the teacher just sad….b*tch you need to be mad, incredible hulk busting out of your clothes mad. I’m honestly surprised that there hasn’t been a follow up story that this “teacher” wasn’t beaten to a bloody pulp by an angry parent (I’m a work in progress remember).
Last but definitely not least in Steubenville Ohio 2 teenage boys have been found delinquent for raping an inebriated teenage girl at a party. 2 popular high school football players thought it fun to pose for pictures and sexually assault a clearly drunk girl. The action of these 2 young boys are deplorable AS ARE the people who took the pictures with their cell phones AND the people who passed these pictures along to their friends at the school. According to the victim’s family they don’t want to turn this into a witch hunt but in my honest opinion maybe they need to. No they didn’t commit the crime but in a way they were accessories. If you did not go straight home after witnessing this and tell your parents what happened to the poor girl, YOU ARE WRONG! If you crowded around this girl and took a picture and forwarded it to anyone other than the police, a parent, a prinicipal or teacher YOU ARE WRONG! Now not only does this girl have to live and deal with all that comes with being sexually assaulted, she also has to deal with the fact that’s it’s gone viral.
What in the World!