They say it takes 28 days to form a habit and as month 1 of Operation Summertime All the Time Fine has come to a close I can say I’ve made a habit of taking my butt to the gym. Now that month two is underway here are a few things I’ve learned:
1) Getting there is 80% of the battle: Throughout the day I used to find myself making excuses for why I was going to skip the gym afterwork. “I’m sleepy”, “I’m hungry”, “I’ve had a long day” blah blah blah. I spent more time during the day convincing myself it was okay to be a quitter than it actually takes to work out. After skipping out on the gym twice I realized this fat ain’t gonna get rid of itself. So if I want the status quo I can make excuses not to go until my face turns blue or I can stop overthinking it and just go. Now that I accept that it’s something I NEED to do and treat it like going to work or brushing my teeth it’s so much easier.
2) Ain’t nothing to it but to do it: Once I’m there it makes so sense to bullshit or beat around the bush. Get it in!! Time is being taken away from my babygirl I might as well work hard and make our time apart count for something.
3) No Pain No Gain: Call me a masochist but I love the pain (burn) I feel after a workout. Lately I’ve felt pain in places I didn’t know existed, that just means that I’m working hard and awakening muscles that have been sleep for a long time. How cool is that!
4) Patience: I’m an instant gratification type of gal and the fact that I haven’t lost a ton of weight is killing me. But I’m coming to terms with knowing that the only way I’m gonna go to bed one size and wake up 4 sizes smaller is if I spend thousands of dollars on lipo. And since ain’t nobody got money for that I’m learning to be patient and appreciate the little muscles I see popping up in my arms and the extra room that’s mysteriously appeared in my pants.
5) I’m not where I want to be but I’m no longer where I was: The harder I work towards being fit the more I want it therefore there’s no stopping me now.
6) To love my post baby self: Even though I’m not at my ideal weight or level of fitness there’s a pretty awesome reason behind it and that’s my babygirl!
Now don’t get my wrong I’m a work in progress I still roll my eyes really hard at the assassin and try to procrastinate my breaks in between sets but I’m getting there. How do I know because lately at the end of workouts I get compliments from the assassin and that my friends is a big freaking deal.
Now that the weather is warming up it’s about that time to start jogging outside again which from what I’m told will cause the major loseage (yes I just made up a word!). So I’m looking forward to the new results month 2 has in store for me.
No worries…I got this!