This is another recipe I picked up from the Everyday Food magazine about 6 years ago. At first I was hesitant to try because let’s face it, mayonnaise glaze doesn’t sound all that appetizing but trust me it tastes amazing! I have cooked this dish a number of times for friends and family and they all rave about it. And of course the ingredients are simple and can be found at any supermarket.
White fish (I usually make it with Tilapia or Swai fish)
Lemon juice (fresh or from the bottle)
Your favorite seasonings (old bay, salt, mrs. dash and garlic)
Shredded Cheese (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2) Wash fish and place in a baking pan
3) Season fish to your liking
4) Place 2-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise in a mixing bowl
5) Add lemon juice: if using fresh lemons it will probably take the juice of 2 lemons or a little less than 1/4 of a cup of the lemon juice
6) Mix mayo and lemon juice until the texture is whipped but a thinner consistency than mayo (if too thick add a splash more lemon juice)
7) Season the mayo/lemon juice combo with your favorite seasonings
8) Once mayo glaze is mixed well what I like to do is put a dollop on each piece of fish to ensure that’s it’s even distributed
9) With the back of a spoon spread the glaze to fully cover each piece of fish
10) Place in the oven for 35 minutes or until the glaze is golden
11) Sometimes when I’m in the mood for cheese I turn the oven off, add some shredded cheese and let sit in the oven until it’s melted. But with or without the cheese it’s equally as yummy!
No Worries…I Got This!