This past Wednesday I was nominated for the Liebster Award by a fellow blogger http://evanescentincrements.wordpress.com/ (check out the blog it’s pretty awesome!). Thank you Evanescent Increments for one taking the time to read my rants and two for thinking them good enough to deserve an award. This is AMAZEBALLS!
The rules are as follows:
- Proudly display the Liebster badge
- Thank the person that nominated you
- Share 11 random things about yourself
- Nominate 11 bloggers worthy of the award (with less than 200 followers)
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you
- Pose 11 questions to your nominees
Okay so here goes nothing.
My 11 random things:
1. I like to sing songs in my opera voice.
2. Lots of times I feel like an outcast / freak of nature and then I spend time with my family and realize that I’m not alone, we’re all complete and total idiots.
3. I stalk my daughter. I spend at least 30 minutes a day staring at her sleep.
4. I adore my few friends. They are made of something special to deal with me and my madness all the time.
5. In the past 2 or 3 years I’ve found myself wishing that I actually read the books I was required to read in high school (ie. Of Mice & Men, To Kill a Mockingbird etc). I’m not sure how I passed that class with such good grades.
6. I am the Queen of TMI.
7. Most nights I sleep with balled up tissue in my nose…sinus issues (see Queen of TMI)
8. I love bangle bracelets. Ever since I was a baby I’ve worn bangles, I feel a sense of security from the noise they make.
9. I surely hope that my daughter’s voice isn’t as annoyingly squeaky as mine.
10. I’ve had 2 other blogs but I feel a strong sense of accomplishment with this one.
11. I wish that I grew up on the West Coast so that I could have been part of a dance crew.
Here are my 11 nominees for the Liebster Award: like Evanescent Increments stated this process is gruesome as most of the blogs I follow have over 200 followers, so in the spirit of following the rules I
Like http://evanescentincrements.wordpress.com stated this process is gruesome as most of the blogs I follow have well over 200 followers or just making it past 200 but in the spirit of following the rules the remaining 4 blogs are over 200 but I enjoy them so much I will still list them.
Here are the answers to the questions asked of me:
■Define Art. – Art is anything creative and beautiful.
■Love. – Is knowing ones flaws and accepting them.
■Good Poetry. – Is thought provoking.
■The Meaning of Life. – I’m still learning but so far it’s learning what your gift is and then sharing it with the world, laughing, loving, doing what makes you happy and doing something nice for someone along the way.
■If you could tell youngerSelf just one thing– and youngerSelf would believe it– what would you say? – Stop worrying, you’re pretty good at making it happen. Have more faith in yourself.
■Name one of your irrational fears. –
■How would an outsider describe you? – Intimidating and/or standoffish.
■How would your mother describe you? – Crazy, beautiful, tough and silly.
■How would you describe yourself? – Tough, honest, moody, sentimental, sensitive, silly and irrational.
■What gives you a reason for breathing? – My daughter.
■What would you like your epitaph to say? – So dawn goes down to day. Nothing gold can stay.
My questions for my nominees:
1. What inspires you to blog?
2. What job would you do and not get paid?
3. If you could pick one superpower what would it be?
4. Describe yourself in 4 words.
5. If you could adopt any tv family who would you pick?
6. What are some of the things that keeps you interested in others’ blogs?
7. What are your 2 favorite articles of clothing?
8. What do you want to be remembered for?
9. What is your favorite line in a movie?
10. What means the world to you?
11. Madly in love or insanely rich, pick one?
I picked the Liebster badge that reminded me of Fight Club because I looooooooooove Fight Club but please pick any of the ones below that suit you.
Again thank you to http://evanescentincrements.worpress.com for nominating me, this one was pretty tough but worth every second.